- Our one mutual friend would totally notice/care
- But he might be able to get me Bjork tickets
- I’ll know somebody if I ever visit Taiwan
- She is friends with famous people
- He was a really good source on that story I wrote five years ago
- If I unfriend her, she will not know that I finally developed a fashion sense
- Our moms are really good friends
- She works at a publication I want to write for someday
- He doesn’t have Twitter
- He has two profiles and I don’t want to accidentally unfriend the wrong one
- You never know who would miss cyber-stalking you
Today, before Administrative Professionals’ Day is too far in the rear-view window, take a minute to tell the admins at your company how much you appreciate the work they do all year round, not just on one day. While flowers and candy are nice, acknowledgment and appreciation are even better.
And you might also notice that your phone calls always get precedence when there are lots of people on hold.” —Happy Day After Administrative Professionals’ Day!
Me, on the frustration of dealing with alumni from my school at an event last week. Sending students out into the world with unrealistic expectations seems to be my alma mater’s specialty. (via deliberatepace)
Sadly, it seems to be every alma mater’s specialty. Too many colleges feel the need to sell you on the ridiculous amount of tuition by telling you that college degree = instant success following graduation. Sadly, that is almost never the case. But “Once you have this degree, spend a couple years as an assistant, make some contacts, and bust your ass you’ll have your dream job” just doesn’t have the same ring to it.
1) The host doubles as a writer on each of these shows but we did not include them in the counts.
2) Although Jimmy Kimmel only has one female writer, she is a co-head writer. None of the other shows hosted by men have female head writers.
3) Craig Ferguson’s only female writer is his sister.
Aw! Ginger, Crushable’s little new puppy, being so cute around the office!
It’s really cruel to expect me to get any work done when this bundle of adorable is prancing around the office.
Calvin’s Dad (via calvinnhobbes)
What I am sure my parents said about me dozens of times while I was growing up.
If you grew up in the ’90s like I did, you are about to die of joy – the TeenNick channel is resurrecting some of its best programming, with classic episodes of Clarissa Explains It All, All That, The Adventures of Pete & Pete, and other popular shows. The new programming block, “The ’90s Are All That,” will air on the channel between midnight and 2 AM, perfect time for 20somethings with insomnia to catch up on their favorite nostalgia programs.
This is a good start, but where the hell are:
- Salute Your Shorts
- Hey Dude!